The real message is not our coming to the light, but the fact that the light has come to us. We ask for it every dayNations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
✙ Isaiah 60:3
[Luke 11:2], we are asking to be part of something that is both altogether new and yet existed before the sun or the stars.
Each time we pray the Lord's Prayer, we're asking—
- That God be as present among us here as among the angels of heaven;
- That just as the sun shines on everyone of all nations, so justice should be a reality for all people, from the greatest to the least;
- That the wisdom of young and old and the dignity of rich and poor be equally recognized;
- That the Crucified One be exalted as sovereign above the powerful of this age;
- That love be the law of every land, and every land be united under the law of love.
Thus may I never forget that God has called me from among the nations to come to the light, and, in Christ, has granted me boldness to approach the eternal throne of grace.
Prayer after thinking about today's devotion:
Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my mind. Give me more faith, a firm hope, and perfect charity, that I may always and in all things act according to your holy will; in Jesus' Name.
After your own thanksgivings & petitions, close with the Lord's Prayer.
Losung Losungen Moravian Daily Texts Watchword Watchwords Lehrtext Lehrtexte Teaching Text
Text selection ©2020 Evangelische Brüder-Unität